torek, 16. januar 2024

First day at the hotel from another perspective

I woke up at 9, had tuna for breakfast, went to lay on the couch and had cereal for lunch. It was a depressing Vormittag. As I was not able to stop thinking about the fact that I still had 8 hours of work ahead of me. So for the next day I told myself: ˝I've got to have fun, I can't just lay on the couch.˝ When I made it to work at 2 o'clock, two of my friends were already there, eagerly awaiting the end of their shift, which was at 4 o'clock One of them greated me at the reception, as she was working there for the day, just like I would be for the following 8 hours. Even though I was already wearing a shirt and black pants, the hotel had their own uniforms. They gave me a shirt and a CORBATA, and for the ladies a fabulous green top. The first hours from 2-4 o'clock went by really fast as I had company of one of my classmates, that also showed me a lot of what to do and... gave me a quick tour of the hotel lobby. I also had an encounter with a Brittish lad. He was searching for his hat, but we unfortunately didn't have it in the lost and found. The other 6 hours were not as entertaining. I cut paper for 2 hours, took a 15 minute break and the did the same thing for another hour. After I finished it was time for CENA (dinner). I ate a lot of it, as it was to be expected. It was honestly one of the highlight of my day, as it was practically an all-you-can-eat buffet, with, you guessed it CHICKEN. There were also some really tasty carrots, with which I made a delicious salad with. The only bad things about my 2 rounds of dinner were, no sauces and the fries being soggy, besides that, *mwah* chefs kiss. After dinner I cut some more paper until it was finally over. My COMPANIEROS were already waiting for me outside the hotel when my shift ended and we walked back to our appartments together.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

Pot nazaj v prihodost

No, pa smo le (na žalost) dočakali odhod iz raja. Naš dan se je začel zgodaj, ko smo še do konca spakirali kovčke in jih stehtali. Seveda so...